Best Electric Skillet 2021 Review – DON’T BUY BEST ELECTRIC SKILLET UNTIL YOU READ THIS!
Looking for the Best Electric Skillet or Presto Electric Skillet in 2021?
You’re in the right place!
In the last three years, Our team of experts reviewed hundreds of home & kitchen products, including Best yogurt Makers, and we have published various buyer’s guides based on our research. Like, Top 5 best stainless steel electric skillet 2018, Best rated electric skillet 2019 and the best electric skillet for frying chicken 2020, and now we are back with the list of top 5 Best Electric Skillet reviews 2021.
In this guide you’ll learn:
- Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
- Things you MUST KNOW before choosing your Skillet
- Features you should look for in a skillet
- Top 5 Best Electric Skillets in 2021
- How to Use an Electric Skillet?
Along with reviewing the top 5 best electric skillets, we will also talk about the qualities you should consider before buying and other informative stuff. So, if you do not have time to read our entire article, why don’t check our overall Number 1 rated Presto 06857 🙂
Presto 06857 Electric Skillet
- The Presto 06857 is a multifunctional electric skillet that can bake, grill, roast, fry, and cook in large quantities.
- Among our pick of the best electric skillets of 2020, the Presto 06857 is arguably the best electric skillet for frying chicken.
- The built-in sprout can be used for turning, stirring, or lifting of food.
- Its large surface makes it one of the most efficient in cooking or frying several chicken breasts and drumsticks.
- The Bella Ceramic surface is large enough to cook several chicken drumsticks and breasts. It can also be used to fry, cook or roast meat and pork.
- This Presto brand is popularly used for deep-frying in large quantities.
You can also use the skillet for a more varied cuisine, especially renowned in the kitchen to prepare sauces or pasta.
With all pans models on the market, we suggest you look at our tips before buying the best electric skillet. Our priority is to make the right choice and save time by knowing what would be best for you.
Below are some of the features you should look for in a skillet:
The material or coating
Have you ever had pans that burn all that is cooked or the types that transmit smells of metal to your dishes? The right choice for a skillet goes first and foremost with the option of the coating.
The aluminum skillet offers three advantages: it is lightweight, durable, and proves to be an excellent heat conductor. Also, most aluminum pans have an anti-adhesive coating. These advantages combine to make the aluminum skillet easy to use to diversify your kitchen and ensure a good heat distribution during cooking.
However, some aluminum pans do not wash in the dishwasher, yet they are still easy to clean and maintain. The cast iron or enameled cast iron skillet is made from a material with high thermal inertia. It is perfect for simmering a dish or a sauce. Its only drawback will be that it is weighty. The ceramic skillet is the latest addition to the materials used in cooking. Guaranteed without chemicals or PFOA in the materials that make it up, the ceramic is non-reactive, durable, and nonstick.
Indeed, to better guide you on how to buy a skillet of a better quality-price ratio, you must choose the right size according to the number of members of your family. The size of the pans on the market varies from 15 cm to 36 cm in diameter.
The smaller size will fit one to two people, while the larger size will fit a larger number. The choice of the size of the skillet will also depend on the use you make of it. Larger pans are more suitable for cooking pasta in large quantities.
Design and weight
When you choose your skillet, think about its weight. A good skillet should not be too heavy because the grip should be comfortable. If you are among those who like to present the cooked dishes in their cooking container, you will need a skillet easily manageable and transportable. Speaking of presentation, do not forget the design isn’t only for the pleasure of the eyes but also so that the skillet fits harmoniously in your kitchen or on your table. In this regard, the market has several models of pans in different shapes and colors.
A kitchen cannot be complete without a skillet. It has multiple uses. It can fry, roast, grill, stew, bake, and make a dish meal.
Below is the list of Top 5 Best Electric Skillets:
1. Presto 06857 Electric Skillet – #1 Rated Electric Skillet
- Heavy cast aluminum base features a deluxe nonstick surface, inside & out. skillet pan & cover are dishwasher safe with the heat control removed.
- Built-in spout for pouring liquids from skillet doubles as a spoon & spatula holder when cooking & serving.
- Fold down handles to detach skillet pan from base. with handles folded in, the base & handles store in skillet for compact storage.
The Presto 06857 is a multipurpose electric skillet that can bake, grill, roast, fry, and cook your meals in large quantities. This black foldaway skillet comes with a built-in handy sprout, ensuring you can transfer liquids from the pan to your content without creating a mess.
When not used for liquid transferring, the sprout can also double as a spoon holder while you dish food and as a perfect spatula for turning, stirring, or lifting food. The cookware has an easily detachable base by folding the handles for maintenance and storage purposes.
This electric skillet has an extra-large cooking surface that measures 16 inches – capable of making dishes for a large family. You wouldn’t have to go through the stress of cooking more than once. The large surface of the skillet makes it one of the most efficient in cooking chicken. Making skillet lasagna is even possible in this electric skillet.
The handles ensure the cookware’s heat doesn’t get to your hands while serving. The skillet also has a heat control system, which provides your food doesn’t lose its hotness.
- Extra large size with great design
- Stay-cool handles and Detachable base
- Easy to maintain and Multifunctional
- Light in weight and even Affordable
- Dark crust forms around the burner.
2. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet – Expensive yet Premium Quality Electric Skillet
- The embedded heating element guarantees the most efficient and even cooking in the shortest time
- Non-stick surface, External dimensions (l x w x h inches):19.29 x 11.81 x 8.47
- Adjustable steam vent holes for an easy steam evaporation, Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):110-120 V
Made of cast aluminum, the BG45 is so durable and still manages to look spotless after some years of usage, if properly maintained. Unlike many other skillets that can’t make more than a dish-size food content, this electric skillet’s large size makes it ideal for dinners requiring more than one dish.
The size is also beneficial for storage purposes, especially when there’s a busy schedule ahead of you. Some of the most convincing features of this skillet are that it has a heating element and an adjustable thermostat embedded in it, and a steam vent hole that is adjustable.
The steam vent hole is adjustable. Designed to let steam be released, rather than be trapped. It means it enables you to control the amount of steam that goes out of the skillet and the amount left trapped, depending on what type of food you have on fire.
The heating element doesn’t only make sure your food cooks at record time. It also ensures that your food is cooked evenly. No part overcooked or burnt, no part undercooked!
- Cool-touch handles
- Adjustable temperature
- Ease of maintenance
- Light in weight
- Burns food quicker
3. Presto 06852 Electric Skillet – Extremely budget Friendly Electric Skillet
- Made in China
- Deluxe nonstick surface, inside & out, for stick-free cooking & easy cleaning
- Doubles as a handy buffet server when entertaining
Why eat out at the restaurant when you have the Presto 06852. This cookware is a jumbo size electric skillet which measures 16 inches with a depth of four inches.
Made of cast aluminum, the Presto 06852 Electric Skillet has a deluxe non-stick coating and is manufactured in China. It has a temperature control system that makes you adjust the appliance’s heat according to your preference, giving your meal a restaurant-type quality.
You can make your grills, fries, roasts, casseroles, stews, and baked foods in this unit. The cover is made of tempered glass, making it easy to monitor the food without needing to open it each time and letting off steam.
While entertaining, this multipurpose skillet can also serve as an effective buffet server. In fact, it is more efficient in energy-saving than an oven or range burner. During cleaning, you can easily detach its control system.
- Durable and Affordable
- Saves energy
- No rubber to keep it from sliding
4. Oster Stainless Steel Electric Skillet – Stylish, Cheap and Sturdy Electric Skillet
- Electric skillet set with large 16- by 12-inch cooking surface
- Tempered glass lid helps trap heat and moisture
- Temperature probe for easy temperature setting and adjustment
Another extra large electric skillet on our listicle, this Oster black stainless steel brand measures 16 by 12 inches.
Its jumbo size makes it possible to cook for a large family or entertain guests. Its uses range from using it in making scrambled eggs, French toasts, pancakes, cheese sandwiches, bacon, and more.
It is also great for baking casseroles, making stew, and frying chicken. Worthy of mention is its tempered glass cover, which traps heat and steam and makes for easy monitoring, and its temperature probe is user-friendly.
The temperature can be regulated by using the dial on the probe to set the preferred heat. Additionally, the unit has cool-touch handles, and the design makes it safe for the dishwasher. The coating materials of this cookware are non-stick. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Large cooking surface
- Cool-touch handles and dishwasher-safe
- Tempered glass cover and multifunctional
- Non-slip feet and very lightweight
- Non-stick surface not as durable as advertised
- Users complain it doesn’t heat evenly
5. Rival Square 11-inch Electric Skillet – Extremely Lightweight Electric Skillet
- 11-inch square cooking surface with non-stick coating
- Tempered glass lid with stay-cool knob and integrated steam vent to trap heat and ensure proper steam release
- 2-in-1 functionality works as a skillet and buffet server
This is a smaller but multifunctional electric skillet. Measuring just 11 inches, be comfortable making perfect home-cooked meals healthy, home-cooked meals for your small family or guests.
The product has a functional and durable non-stick surface, so you wouldn’t need to apply excess oil or butter on the surface before cooking.
It features a reliable tempered glass cover, steam vent, and cool-touch knob and handles. Besides, the skillet has a removable temperature probe for adjusting the heat. The removability of the temp probe makes the skillet usable as a serving piece.
When the temp probe is detached, the electric skillet is washable in your dishwasher. The unit heats evenly and quickly. Hence, you have to do more in temperature monitoring.
However, the user manual consists of a full cooking temperature/time for popular recipes. When followed, you never have to worry about overcooking or burning your meals.
- Usable as a buffet server
- Tempered glass cover, cool-touch knob and handles
- Non-stick coating, Steam Vent and dishwasher-safe
- Very lightweight and durable
- May burn meals when temperature not properly monitored
However, if you are looking for a more efficient electric skillet for pan-frying, why not try the Bella Ceramic Electric Skillet.
- Multi-functional unit can roast, fry, saute, steam and also be used as a buffet server. Safer than a stove
- Special non-stick coating ensures quick release of foods. BPA-Free for healthy cooking
- Detachable heating probe quickly heats skillet from 0 to 400 degrees
How to use a skillet
Let’s talk about some tips for using skillet like a pro 😀 to develop your culinary skills
If you have a cast-iron skillet.
Buyers are increasingly interested in items made of enameled cast iron. The reason for this choice is that they are stronger and more durable than other materials.
These features ensure consistent cooking every time you cook. To remove leftover food after each use, rinse your equipment with boiled water. You can heat it again until it boils and waits a few minutes for the traces to disappear completely.
Avoid damaging the coating.
When cleaning your utensil, do not apply too much force. Scratch the bottom and edges with a spatula. Make sure that it is wide enough. If you do this with a metal tool, do not do it too long, as it may damage the coating.
How to recover your rusty skillet?
Perhaps you have stopped cooking with your skillet for a long time or even years. Then, you decided to use it again.
Recover your utensil, start with a complete cleaning, wash it with a scrub brush. Remove the toughest rust stains by soaking in a mixture of water and white vinegar. You will damage your equipment if you leave it for more than 3 hours in this mixture.
Carefully choose the cleaning product to apply.
Grease your item to make it usable again. Make sure you cover it entirely from the inside to the outside. You can do this with olive oil, lard, or margarine. It’s up to you to decide which product is right for you. Then place it in a preheated oven at 180°C. Make sure your material is cast iron before performing this last step.
Avoid using specific products.
Be aware that soap and various detergents remain very effective in cleaning most kitchen utensils. However, it is strongly discouraged to put on the cast of this article. The oils of this material will peel easily, and the result will not be beautiful to see.
Limit or avoid washing in the dishwasher.
Machine cleaning of this kind of material is strongly discouraged. Its coating is fragile since it is a non-adhesive surface. Rust will settle more easily and quickly if you clean it often in a dishwasher.
How to clean stainless steel cookware?
Avoid the use of scorers. If there are remains of crusted food, you can fill them with a little hot water and detergent and let them be even for the whole night. Then use a sponge on it after then.
How to use the best ceramic electric skillet?
Ceramic cookware is very popular lately as they are always non-stick. However, be very careful when you buy them: many of these pots have only a coating, a sort of “ceramic effect,” thus being counterproductive for food’s health and cooking.
You can use the dishwasher to wash the ceramic pots, but it is better to do it by hand with a damp cloth and a little detergent. Dirt comes off easily if you clean it just after use, but it should first cool down.
What is the best electric you can buy?
Looking at functionality, cooking surface, price efficiency, user rating, and consumer reports, our pick of the overall best electric skillet is The Presto 06852 Electric Skillet.
This Amazon No. 1 best-seller offers everything you need in an electric skillet. Apart from its quality, it is available for a relatively affordable price with free shipping offered to prime members. It has a large cooking surface and gives perfect restaurant-taste meals. It can also double as an attractive buffet server.
Lastly, it is more efficient than an oven or a range burner.
- Best Flea Treatment for Dogs – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Roach Killer Review – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Gas Weed Eaters 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API