Pet cats are most nearly and dearest to human, as they are not only cute enough but familiar with his human friend. Humans also want to keep them near as they prove to be a loyal companion than most of the others.
But to keep them healthy and happy is not a tedious task.
Fleas are a common problem faced by everyone but a good thing is that there are various ways to kill them (i.e Best Flea bomb available in the market) and stop them to reattach, these treatments could be either natural, topical medication or simple home remedy. People love to go with a home remedy because of its minimal side effects.
Let’s discuss them one by one.
- Most common and effective treatment is the use of lemon or citric dish wash.
- Give bath to a cat with Luke warm water by adding a few drops of vinegar in it. (choice of vinegar is up to you, you can use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar)
Note: Cat’s skin is very sensitive and burn could be caused by adding an inappropriate amount of vinegar. Thus, it is necessary to dilute vinegar (as it is acidic in nature) before pour upon your cat.
- In bath water, adding of salt is effective, as fleas cell wall is susceptible to salt and degrade easily without harming the external surface of a cat.
- Neem leaf could apply by making its paste as it has high antimicrobial activity.
- Comb gently
- During comb spray of lavender oil is beneficial.
- Coconut oil will also help in order to get rid of all irritation.
- Comb until or unless you feel that no fleas come out in a comb.
TOPICAL MEDICATION/ TREATMENT OR MANAGEMENT:
- Capstar flea treatment tablet.
- Sentry fireguard plus.
- Sentry capguard.
- Frontline plus.
These tablets are top according to 2018 review but medication is not a smart choice. One must keep in mind that synthetic treatment always has some or many side effects before medication you have to keep in mind many things regarding the health status of your cat. As these are less harmful but you can use it in certain circumstances, which are;
- If cat health is perfect.
- If it seems to be active, not lazy.
- Have no scar on the skin.
- Have no previous disease condition.
Sometimes people confuse between home remedy and natural treatment. In natural treatment, everything must from the natural source while one can use synthetic chemicals in a home remedy.
SOME HOME REMEDIES ARE:
- Bathing of a cat with basic soap water.
- Unflavored vodka is also effective against fleas.
- Cedarwood oil or some other essential oils has been using for many years.
- Take mouthwash to add soda and turmeric in it and make a thick paste and apply on the whole body of a cat and wash with Luke warm water.
- Anti-lies shampoo dilute with water and pour on the skin of cat give them relief and calm day.
- Fine conditioner can help in takeout fleas out of the hairs of a cat.
By using such little tips you can provide relief to your cat and protect them from itchy, nauseating and dangerous fleas.